Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Simply the best

Sorry I missed posting on Christmas so Merry Christmas and before I forget Happy New Year!

I have to say that this Christmas was the best one we have had in our married life. It was simple and WHITE. We had decided a couple of years ago that our children would only receive 3 gifts, then one from each other and a family gift. But we really set out to simplify not only what they received but all our other giving. This season is not about all those electronics or labels on the clothes under your tree but about our Saviors birth. Our goal..."Get back to the real reason we celebrate!"

It was wonderful we spent time with family and friends. Enjoying each others company and lots of wonderful food. Christmas morning was extra special as we noticed it started to snow while unwrapping gifts. I think a white Christmas in north Alabama is a true Christmas miracle. We sang happy birthday to Jesus, went out for breakfast, then played in the snow and my wonderful hubby and older children built us a snowman! I think the snow was the best gift I could have received. For several hours my children weren't wrapped up in what was being given or received but enjoying God's Christmas gift to them...SNOW!

I thank God for the tug at my heart to simplify...I thank Him for giving us a chance to get it right. There are no words to truly explain the feelings Michael and I felt wrapped in HIS love this Christmas. This one was simply the best and way better than all the rest:)

No comments:

Post a Comment