Friday, December 17, 2010


A dear friend of mine Lindsey over at squeezingtheday does music therapy Thursday each week. And just yesterday she shared "Ava Maria" the English version. Leaving me moved beyond anything I had ever heard was a song that showed the heart of the mother of Jesus. As she and I talked about the song and it's meaning and such I told her how another song all about Mary was moving me in ways never before this Christmas season so I wanted to share those lyrics with you!


Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.


Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.


The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.


Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.


The last 4 lines posted above shake my soul every single time I hear them, read them or even see them. I wonder about Mary what it was like to be a young lady unwed and carrying the Messiah. I know what it is like to be unwed and pregnant. But the fact that the child she bore was the "Great I am" is almost to hard for even my Christian mind to get a handle on! I wonder if Mary knew what it would be like...I wonder what Jesus was like as a child....I wonder what Joseph thought as she delivered that sweet baby in a lowly manger. I am over come with emotion as i think of my King laying in a manger that night of His birth or how Mary must have felt so alone with no "comforts" for her new little one. The number one thing I have wondered endlessly about is did Mary know that her son my King was destine for the cross. Did she know that He would pay for MY sins before I was even a twinkle in someones eye? I don't know if I could have been a willing servant if I had known my sinless son would die for someone else. Lastly I share Lindsey's same thoughts....We often think favor from God means or lives or our families lives will be easy but when you think of Mary God showed her what I believe is ultimate in favor as she carried the Messiah and I know her life was no to easy as Jesus began his ministry. I am thankful for Mary and her willingness to do what she was called to do and I am so thankful for my King who lived as a man to die on a cross just so I wouldn't have to! I am happy to celebrate His birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment