Monday- Taco Salad
Tuesday- Stuffed shells I got this recipe here and decided to leave out the spinach since we don't like spinach
Wednesday- This is my small group week so I had to provide potatoes, butter, bacon and chives for the loaded baked potatoes we are having...YUMMY
Thursday- Pork chops green beans and corn
Friday-Cheeseburger meatloaf, mashed potatoes and pinto beans
I also purchased stuff to make fried potatoes with sausage but we ate at my dad's Sunday and had those leftovers...so that is a meal that can roll over to next week:)
Here are a couple money saving grocery store tips if you don't want to mess with coupons...
- I always buy dried beans unless I only need a small amount and then I buy the store brand can.
- I use mostly store brand products. Wal-Mart has a great store brand and it is very good quality.
- I buy 90% of our meat on sale and only when it is on sale...Like I said above I have been a little lazy and not keeping up with it like I use to but I am getting back on the wagon with that:)
- I don't buy tons of pre-packaged snack foods. Most cookies, crackers, chips, ect for the kids school snacks I package myself...unless they happen to be on sale.
- I ONLY buy what we need for that weeks menu and I didn't enclose lunches and snacks on the above menu but of course I buy only what we need for those also.
Those are just a couple of my little tricks...And they really do save us money!