Wednesday, December 1, 2010

He is our portion

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they? Who of you by worry can add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-27

I have always thought of God as my portion and "He is enough for me!" But with so many worldly worries and trails it is easy to loose sight of the one who always comes through and always provides.

It is no secret that we at this household make many a sacrifice so that I can stay home and care for our children, my husband and our household. And due to the state of our economy, lack of work and endless rainy days things are a little tighter around here. We don't complain (OK well a little) because we are so strongly tied to our decision for me to be at home and we know this too will pass. But God showed his glorious face to me by making a way and providing big for us this week and taking a huge load off with the approaching holiday. No we aren't rich all of the sudden but He took alot of worry away and I am so grateful for that.

Just when it seems like things are a mess God always seems to show up in my life and most of the time He is showing out! His favor upon myself and my family is great almost unmeasurable at times. We know one day his plan will be so clear to us and we will know his provision even more. I cling tightly to His biblical promises and to the ones He has given my heart. He is our portion and has been and will always be enough for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment