Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Recipes

Today I am going to share a quick and easy meatloaf with you. I discovered this recipe several years ago in my Southern Living magazine in a section call 5 meals for $5 (or something to that affect). I have since have shared it with several people and they all have loved it. I make it more than I would like to admit in my house but what can I say for tried and true:)

Meat Loaf
1-lb ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs
medium onion
1/3 cup ketchup
1 egg beaten
2 Tbs worshire sauce (sp)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients in bowl either form into loaf in a baking dish or mold into loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes. Drizzle with ketchup return to oven and cook 5 minutes. ( Times will vary per oven so check for done.)
**I make this in a silicone muffin pan. I do so by "stuffing" each muffin slot with the mixture. As it cooks it shrinks down and always any grease to collect in the bottom. This creates personal servings. And it is a little more fun for the kids. Also, this does well when prepared earlier in the day and left in fridge until about 15 minutes before cooking set it out to reach a warmer temp before going into oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment