Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recipe Sunday is back

Sorry I took a couple of weeks off from recipe posting. But decided I better get back to it. I love sharing recipes with other busy moms. I hope if any of you ever try one of them you would let me know so I can know what you think of them.

Taco Soup

3 can chili beans
1 can whole corn
1(8oz) can tomato sauce
1 can Ro-Tel
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Cook beef until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain and put into crock-pot or stockpot. Drain and rinse corn. Drain Ro-Tel for a mild and don't drain for a little extra spice. (either way is fine and my kids eat it without draining) Combine all ingredients in pot of choice. Bring to boil and simmer 15-20 minutes. If using crock-pot can cook on low all day if meat is cooked.

**I always make this in my crock-pot. I cook the meat around 1 in the afternoon while Cooper is napping and then add it all to the crock-pot. I cook it on high until around 3 or 4 then put it on "keep warm". We serve it with shredded cheese and crackers. Oh and it is a wonderful left over or freezer option.

HAPPY COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment