Friday, September 16, 2011

Early Works Field Trip

Yesterday the kids and I got to take part in our first homeschool field trip. It was alot of fun we went to Early Works a childrens museum in Huntsville only about an hour from here. It was a man who impersonates our 16th president Abe Linclon. He was all dressed like Linclon and he talked for an hour all about his life from birth until his assasination. It was very fun! After the talk we broke into groups and went to different stations to hear more details about Linclon. We ended our outing with a picnic at a local park only 2 blocks from the museum. We had so much fun and my kids are even asking to do a unit study on old Abe. Small perk of homeschooling this little trip only cost us $20 for admission and we packed a lunch...totally a money saver:) Here are a couple pictures...enjoy!









Photo credit to my friend Nicole Knight! Of course I didn't take my camera...Are you suprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment