Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Knowing Gods hand is in your situation

As of late I have fallen into a terrible funk a little mild depression. Michael and I have been going through 2 profound (for us anyway) struggles the past couple of months. (I wish I could share exactly what they are but this is not the time for that.) I have found my days of being a cheerful God serving, family serving stay at home mom replaced by doubt, fear, worry, and a spirit of total laziness. I am hard pressed to get showered and dressed most days and haven't been able to keep a handle on my housework in quite some time. I have let total madness become to atmosphere in my home in the evening with little ability to control it. I am working so hard to climb out of the hole.

A couple weeks ago my very thirsty spirit was given I nice BIG Holy Spirit drink at our revival and while I received clarity and confirmation on Gods promises in my life I find myself still struggling in depression. I am pretty sure this is Satan's way of trying to stomp out all God is trying to do for me. My Gods bigger than any funk or depression that I might be in and I am always comforted by the Bible verse that says "He knows the plans He has for you, plans for good and to prosper!"

I know God has a plan and his hands are all in our situation. I am sure when it is all said and done I will have seen His face and felt His hand.

1 comment:

  1. I hate knowing you're struggling my sweet friend. I too have been experiencing the same thing. It's as though a black cloud has settled over me and I don't know what to do to make it go away. Talking to Jeff about my battle helped some as does getting out of the house. Sometimes I just go for a ride so I can break out of the house for a while. Depression is an ever-present demon in my life, but I do my damnedest to keep it in check because I don't want to end up a bonafide nut like some people on my mom's side of the family. Plus, I don't want my girls to suffer because I can't beat down the voices in my head. I love you and I am here for you. I may not be able to offer much help but I can lend you an understanding ear to bend.

    ReplyDelete