Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cost Is...EVERYTHING?!?

Yesterday was Sunday and we had a wonderful church service and some great friends over for lunch. Our pastor preached on Stewardship and about doing you part. He said something rather profound at least it was to me..."The impossible is possible and the price is EVERYTHING!" Sometimes as a Christan this choice of "lifestyle" cost you all you have friends, money, power etc. It is important to realize the sacrifice that was made for you and that the same ONE who died on a cross for you wants to love you and bless you! I want to see the impossible become possible or dare I say the norm?!? I am willing to pay the cost even if it is EVERYTHING. I would like to leave you with the verses he shared yesterday with us. To the ones at the McClendon household they were powerful and made a huge impact!

Luke 19:23-27
Then he said to them all "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of his Father and of the holy angels. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

And just in case any of you wondered I am out of my "funk". I had to face a couple things head on and realize I serve an AWESOME God and he will work His will in my life when He is ready and on His timing. I will serve him no mater the outcome as I am the daughter of a KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment