Sunday, December 13, 2009

Recipes

I will now be posting recipes on Sundays. I have had several people ask me what kind of easy meals I make since we are so busy. So I decided to start sharing them with all of you. I would love to hear how they turn out for you and how your families liked them. If I am posting it here there is a good chance that it is on the upcoming weeks menu at the McClendon house. ENJOY!

Taco Casserole
(This is from the cookbook my church put together. It is fairly easy and my family really loves it. You could prep this during the day and pop it in the oven when you are ready.)

1 1/2 pounds ground beef 12 flour tortillas
1 med onion chopped 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
2 T. chili powder 1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp garlic powder 1/3 c. water
salt and pepper to taste 4 c. shredded mozzarella*

Brown ground beef and onions. Drain well. Add seasonings to meat mixture. Mix water, tomatoes, and soup. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Line with 6 tortillas. Spoon all of meat mixture over tortillas and then add cheese. Top with tortillas. Pour on soup mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes. *May also use 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment