Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is the birthday of my mom Lorie King who did 6 years ago from complications with Leukemia. I wanted to take this opportunity to share a little about this very special person with all of you. My Mom was a really kind, caring , loving, friendly (this list could go on and on) person and I am not just saying that!



Being that Jesse was the only grandchild my mom actually got to know I truly believe Jesse was sent here so "Nonnie" could experience grandchildren. Just before being hospitalized after a relapse I did share the joyous news that Michael and I were expecting Duece and she was so excited. She also had the privilege to host a shower for my sister Hillary before going into the hospital. Hillarys baby was born October 23 while my mother was in ICU and on a vent. She never actually met Taylor, Duece, Bella, Cooper or Rhys but I know she has a hand in their lives as a guardian angel. Aren't they so lucky. It is times like these that make me miss her so much. I wish she could see the beautiful young lady Jesse is becoming. I wish she could get one of Duece's wonderful snuggle hours or hold Cooper. I know my sister wishes the same for her three children (Taylor, Bella and Rhys).

She was a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend and so much more. To be just half the woman she was would be a true honor to me. I would almost give anything to have one last conversation with her. I would love to know if she was proud of who Hillary, Adam and myself have become. My life was truly blessed by being her daughter. If you knew her you know what a blessing she was to other people. I would like to remember her so sweet and kind not sick and hurting. If you knew her and would like to post a memory please feel free to do so in my comments.

*In Loving Memory of Lorie King- wife, mother, daughter, nonnie, sister, aunt, and friend to many. You are truly missed and loved. December 15, 1965-November 12, 2003

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know your momma, but I know she raised an amazing daughter. I so understand the longing you feel. I too would love to be able to talk to my momma just one more time. Losing a parent is hard. I know because both of mine are gone. But, it seems to me it's much harder to me a motherless daughter. Maybe I would feel differently had I had daddy in my life more than 13 years. All I know is my grieving for momma is much harder. Bless you my friend. May you find comfort in your faith, family, friends and memories.

    ReplyDelete