Friday, April 13, 2012

Worry and Fear

After yesterday's post I thought about worry all day. And as a Christian we are told not to worry we are also told not to fear. I do both and I do both very very well! It's me I am always scared about something ot honestly anything and I worry ALL THE TIME. God started speaking to me and so I took to my computer for a little research on the topics and found this...

The Bible tells you to fear not 365 times. How about that 1 time for every single day of the year! Sounds easy enough right? For me it is not so easy and I don't know why. I know God has my back he always has and I know He protects me but still I live in fear over so much. My sweet friend April always tells me fear is faith in the wrong kingdom! Talk about a reality check...I don't want any of my faith or time wasted on the wrong kingdom! I found these scriptures on fear I thought I would share:

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Isaiah 43:1-3 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

I know with God's help and a little study I can conquer my fear. I know I sure need to because I should be free!

I also looked up some verses about worry. I honestly think this is going to be the hardest one for me to break. I think I have consumed myself with worry over every little thing. I can not live this way anymore I am going to cling to the scripture read it study it and allow God to speak to me.

Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved

And then I found this last one. It jumped off of the page at me and I am going to have it be my mantra for a while. I know God will take my junk and make it wonderful I just need to lay down these things to Him!

Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

I found all the above scripture here it is a great read so head on over:
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-worry-20-comforting-scripture-quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment