Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Holy Week Reflection

As most of you know this week is Holy Week. Marking the days leading up to Jesus' death and resurrection. You can read a little more about it here. For me I like to spend time each day reflecting on what was done for me at the Cross. I mean the very thought of my King being beaten, spit on, a crown of thrones pressed onto His head and then made to drag His own cross up the hill makes me beyond sad. But of course I know the good news He didn't stay in the grave! He lives as an exalted KING! Back to reflection...What was done for me...for you...for every single person living and yet to be born was done out of pure unconditional love. I mean Jesus went to the cross with me in mind before I was even a twinkle in the eye of my mother or her a twinkle in her mothers eye. I can't even wrap my mind around it sometimes and then sometimes I am so over come by the love shown for me I can't stand it! What Jesus has done means I never have to pay the price for my sin which is death. It means that I get to live forever and ever in heaven celebrating with Him. Now that is love. Can you even as a parent imagine what it was like for Mary? I have 3 children and can't even begin to imagine having to select one of them to save the others but that is just what God did He sent His ONLY son so that we might have life! I promise there is no greater love!

I heard this song a while back and I think it is perfect for the Lenten time. Listen, receive and know that you are love beyond anything you can or ever will imagine!

UGH major trouble posting and/or linking the video. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1GzOUnUN20

No comments:

Post a Comment