Friday, August 26, 2011

New House Rules

We have decided to adopt the Duggar family rules as our own for awhile. I really get a lot of inspiration from this family and I loved their rules when I read them shared on another blog. I really like their approach their rules are faith based and there is NO YELLING in their home. Now that is something I am trying hard to achieve! Anyone who knows me knows I am a "yeller". I don't want to yell anymore. I want my home filled with JOY! I am going to share them with you in case you want to use them and I will be sure to "update" you all on how the new ones are going.


House Rules

1. Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
2. Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
3. Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
4. Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
5. Think pure thoughts.
6. Always give a good report of others. Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone.
7. Never raise a hand to hit.
8. Never raise a foot to kick.
9. Never raise an object to throw.
10. Never raise a voice to yell.
11. Never raise an eye to scowl.
12. Use one toy/activity at a time.
13. Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty.)
14. Amendment J.O.Y.: Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. Make serving your family a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment