Friday, May 6, 2011

Crayons for Comfort Update





I am so EXCITED!! I posted my project and a link to my blog on facebook and things really have taken off. I can't believe how kind and generous people are. A local business Sew Irrestiable offered to be a drop off site and then several members of my church have said they would bring crayons and coloring books to church on Sunday. Not to include many friends who have stepped up to help. The first batch has already exceeded it's goal and I hope to be able to send items to both the Upper Sand Mountain Parish via Hewett UMC and I will be delivering some to Arab Rec Center that is functioning as a shelter. I have been praying all afternoon over these crayons and coloring books that the children will see Gods love, mercy and grace through the pages. I hope the bring some much needed comfort to those children who are hurting.


Ok so another plea...I want to be able to deliver crayons and coloring books to each hit area...In order to do this I will need 100's more books. I am praying God will provide so we can reach as many children as possible. I know He is big enough to do just that.


Thank you everyone for your help so far...Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment