Friday, June 10, 2011

More Like Falling in Love



If you have read this blog any amount of time you know some things about me...I am a wife, stay at home mom, I craft, we are downsizing our budget and you know that I am a Christ follower! You might also know from Lent or Christmas post that I am a United Methodist. Right?!? Anyway....It hasn't been all that long ago that I thought God was a "gettcha God" ruling from heaven with a wrath like no other. But once I realized God loved me and wanted to be part of all the ends and out of my life I also realized this believing thing was way more about RELATIONSHIP and had almsot nothing to do with what "title" was next to the church I attended.


God doesn't care what religion I am. And if all that religion does is cause me to trip up or be bond by laws and rules he really doesn't want me to be a part of it. We were created from the very begining to be in constant relationship with our Father that is what he wants us to do and he Loves when we love on him and will love on us back!


A couple months back I heard this song and I really think it sums up how I feel about this realtionship-vs- religion thing. Read and enjoy but know that relationship ready and waiting when you are!


More like Fallin In Love- Jason Gray


Give me rules

I will break them

Give me lines I will cross them

I need more than a truth to believe

I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes

To sweep me off my feet

It ought to be

More like falling in love

Than something to believe in

More like losing my heart

Than giving my allegiance

Caught up, called out

Come take a look at me now

It's like I'm falling, oh

It's like I'm falling in love

Give me words

I'll misuse them

Obligations I'll misplace them

'Cause all religion ever made of me

Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet

It never set me free

It's gotta be

It's like I'm falling in love, love, love

Deeper and deeper

It was love that made

Me a believer

In more than a name, a faith, a creed

Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me

No comments:

Post a Comment