Monday, June 20, 2011

What we have to celebrate

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten--the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm--my great army that I sent among you." Joel 2:25 NIV

If you had of told me 9 years ago that I would still be married to Michael and that he would become an amazing dad...I would have thought you had lost your mind. As young parents we didn't always make the right choices and Michael seemed to almost cave under the stress. While I matured at a rapid rate Michael on the other hand went on a downward spiral. While I choose not to include all those details now (post for another time) I do however believe Michael and I are living in those very years spoke of in Joel. You see the locust or Satan or rather addiction in our case stole many many years from Michael in his relationship with our oldest two children. And yesterday as we celebrated fathers day we also celebrated that which God had delivered...He is He has repaided to us those lost years. He has mended all hearts and wounds, repaired all relationships, and even blessed us almost 3 years ago with a 3rd child.

It has been wonderful to watch God change, shape and mold Michael into the man he is today. I count it a true blessing to be the woman God chose to place with Michael for this journey. We are a real team and in today's time that in itself is a true blessing. Father's Day has a whole new meaning around here over the past 4 years or so. I am amazed at all God has done in our lives and I am thankful for His promise to restore all those years.

As we embark on new journeys and adventures in this life I know I have something to celebrate...My husband loves me, loves his children, loves God, and would do anything for us. I thank God everyday because I believe he made a perfect match!

No comments:

Post a Comment