Monday, November 7, 2011

Friendship and Fall

It is no secret I have some of the most amazing friends. I don't have tons of friends swooning to meet for lunch and shopping but what I do have are the best friends a woman could ask for. I like to think of it as quality over quantity! I have been a little down lately and it takes a real friend to notice that in me. And notice is just what my sweet friend "T" did and she made plans for a girls day just me and her. It was wonderful she took care of all the details and at the last minute when I was going to have to cancle due to no sitter she even worked that out. We had a blast walked around the most wonderful and HUGE craft fair EVER "Christmas Village" then we had a nice quite lunch at a great Mexican Restaurant we found on our way home. I am so lucky to have friends like this that will as dramatic as it sounds come to my rescue. After that day I was recharged and felt so much better about myself. I thank her so much for showing me that taking that time to myself was worth it because sometimes all the preaching in the world doesn't get through to me:) While we were at lunch this was our view!

Isn't it wonderful? As I looked at the view I was reminded how much joy this time of year actually brings to me no matter the pain it also bears. This season of fall reminds me that God's mercies are new every morning just like the leaves we change, we fall, we are bare but then we blossom and come back better than ever. I love the cool temps that make me want to send hours outside with my family enjoying God's beauty. And this view also made me think about how beautiful those close friendships are to me and just how they really do nurture my heart and soul. I love my "girls" and you know who you are...I have the best friends anyone could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment