Thursday, September 30, 2010

We went down to the river...

*Please excuse the highlighted word...I am unsure why even after a spell check it is that way?*
Okay so actually we went down to the pool of our good friends James and Kim Wilaby but I digress. Our daughter was baptized in an example of full submersion on August 22. She had made a profession of faith on July 21 while attending VBS at her God parents Riley and Leigh-Ellen's church. As Christ following parents we have to admit this was one of the happiest days of our lives ranking high on the list next to the day each of our children were born or the day of our marriage. Jesse decided to follow King Jesus and even though she was baptized in our church as an infant wanted to show and outward example of this decision. As most know full submersion baptism is not the "norm" in the Methodist church so our church didn't have a baptistery therefore resulting in a hot afternoon spent at the Wilabys worshiping and ending with baptism. When this day was first planned it was for Jesse to be baptized. But as they say God showed up and showed out. And three others were baptized that same day. Chase and Alysa brother and sisters who had also made the same profession as Jesse at the same VBS came forward when the pool was opened to others and following them Jame's daughter Anna was so moved by the Spirit that she stepped in to the pool in her Sunday best to rise again new and full of that wonderful Spirit. It was an amazing day for our family and Jesse was so blessed to share it with 3 wonderful others. I wanted to share the wonderful pictures of that day and the lyrics of "her song" that Jake sang that day!..."Oh how he loves us" Enjoy!





Listening to "her song" being sung...He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree, Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realise just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so, Oh how He loves us, How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us, Oh! how He loves us, Oh! how He loves us, Oh! how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If His grace is an ocean, we?re all sinking.



And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss, And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don?t have time to maintain these regrets, When I think about, the way? He loves us! Oh how he loves us!







**I think it is funny that the coloring in the pic of her coming up out of the water is different than the coloring of all the other! I know the Spirit was there. It was a great day**

No comments:

Post a Comment