Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Where did I put that floppy straw hat

Well today is the official start to summer vaca at my house. Albertville City Schools due to the Tornado actually have school through Friday. But with end of the year parties done, graduation (from kindergarten) under our belt, and awards all handed out the McClendon's are DONE! We decided that this last week might lack structure so we opted out. So it begins today SUMMER that is and my never ending battle on how to entertain my crew for the next 10 weeks and 2 days! I know most of our month of June is full of swim team "Go Gators" of which we begin morning practice TODAY and then we are looking forward to attending Aldersgate a United Methodist conference on "spirit-filled living". Other than that and a possible long weekend trip to the beach depending on the oil spill we are just up to "normal" summer time stuff...VBS, gymnastics camp, day trips with Mom! It is going to be fun. And I am hoping that one day this week will be get the pool up that was given to us by our good friends the Poole's so I can enjoy my lemonade under my covered patio while my crew splashes around to beat the Alabama heat. So bring on the flip-flops, a good book, sunglasses and my floppy straw hat (of which I actually own and wear) SUMMERTIME is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment