Monday, August 2, 2010

Money saving tips

Here are three NEW to me recipes I am using to help save money! Try one and let me know what you think. I will keep you posted!

Fabric Softener:
1 Container of Name Brand Fabric Softener
4 Inexpensive sponges, cut in half

Pour entire container of softener into a 5 gallon bucket. Fill empty softener container with water twice. (2 parts water to 1 part softener) Add sponges to softener/water mixture. When ready to use wring out extra mixture from one sponge and add to the dryer as you would a dryer sheet.

Household cleaner:
Make an all-purpose green cleaner by combining 1 tsp. borax, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. vinegar, ½ tsp. dish soap or mild castile soap, 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice and 2 cups hot water. Store in a spray bottle and use like any all-purpose cleaner. I doubled this to fit in my spray bottle!

Laundry Soap:
Ingredients
4 cups Borax (in the laundry section)
4 cups washing soda (found at cooks and sons in albertville)
1 bar Zote laundry soap
1/2 cup Oxi Clean
Grate the soap then put it in the food processor and pulsate it into a fine powder. Mix all of the ingredients and store in a covered tub. I put mine into a locking lid Rubbermaid tub. Use 2 tablespoons per load. It will not form a lot of suds and will get your laundry clean.
1/2 cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle will freshen your load.

I am excited to be saving money...I have been using coupons and stuff but this makes me really excited I know these 3 things will work great and save TONS. Below is a list of my cost so far.

Borax $3.50
Washing Soda $4.00
Zote $1.09
Lemon $1.00
Baking Soda $1.00
Spray Bottle $1.00
Rubbermaid x2 $10.00
Sponges $2.00
Fabric softener $4.00
My total so far $26.59 and I think it will last at least 2 months which means I made 3 products to last 2 months for less than just laundry det would cost me!

No comments:

Post a Comment